What To Expect
COVID Safety Precautions for attendees at this year’s symposium: What to Expect
AARST continues to monitor daily COVID case numbers, transmission rates, and travel restrictions. While we assess quite a bit of information and have planned our event with your health and safety in mind, it is up to each attendee to address their personal health risks and of course also comply with any employer or other travel restrictions.
Montgomery County, which has a high vaccination rate (73%), is the ultimate governmental authority over any and all required precautions. The following Montgomery County Health Order is in place for all visitors at both the hotel and conference center, in all meeting spaces and other public spaces:
Face Mask required by all visitors over the age of two, and all staff members, in all public spaces of the hotel. Mask should fit comfortably over the nose and mouth.
A face covering is not required when you are:
- Eating or drinking.
- Unable to wear a face covering because it impedes communication by, or with, persons who have a hearing impairment or other disability, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Giving a speech or performing for broadcast or an audience, if no one in a location accessible to the public is within six feet of you.
Additionally, for our conference attendees who wish to travel beyond the neighborhood of our Hotel:
Washington DC has restrictions for visitors staying for more than 24 hours. DC City Guidance may be found at: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/coronavirus/page_content/attachments/Masks_Guidance_DCHealth_COVID-19_2021-7-30.pdf
Travel through Airports:
Per federal order, air travel requires face coverings in airports and during flights. The DC area airports’ information is below.
- BWI Marshall Airport https://www.bwiairport.com/COVID19
- Regan National https://www.flyreagan.com/face-coverings
- Dulles International https://www.flydulles.com/health-safety-we-take-flight
A Little Extra
- Color Coded Lanyards: Attendees may choose a colored Lanyard for their badge. Signage indicates color coded comfort level for those without having to “explain”. (Red, Yellow, Green and Black.)
- Hand Sanitizing Stations will be available throughout the event spaces
- Additional space is available on the terrace for those who want to step away for a breather or small break to socially distance.