AARST and the National Radon Proficiency Program are always here for you.
Like many other small businesses and organizations facing the impact of COVID19 , AARST is furloughing most of the staff through July. I regret the need to take this action and look forward to our return to a full staff complement.
As a result, our response times for returning calls and emails, processing certification applications and renewals, and mailing ID cards and store orders will take longer than usual. We apologize for any inconvenience and greatly appreciate your patience as remaining staff take on additional duties.
To inquire about taking an NRPP exam during COVID19, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 24, 2020: URGENT HEALTH ADVISORY RECOMMENDATION – From AARST Executive Director Dallas L. Jones
CARES Act Financial Assistance for Radon Businesses:
The following resources are compiled for your convenience to help you navigate your business choices in this uncertain time.
SBA Paycheck Protection Program
For small businesses with less than 500 employees, AND individuals who are self-employed, are independent contractors or sole proprietors
PROGRAM DETAILS HERE:
- May qualify for loan to cover 8 weeks of average payroll plus other costs
- Loan payments deferred for six months
- If you maintain your workforce, SBA will forgive the loan portion used to cover the first 8 weeks of payroll
SBA Disaster Loan Assistance
Small business owners are eligible to apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan: advance of up to $10,000. LOAN APPLICATION
IRS Employee Retention Tax Credit
To encourage businesses to keep employees on their payroll. The refundable tax credit is 50% of up to $10,000 in wages paid by an eligible employer. MORE
COVID-19 Radon Mitigation Jobsite Guidance
If radon mitigation activities are allowed to continue under your state’s stay-at-home order, then Social Distancing Requirements will need to be followed on your job sites. MORE
HUD COVID-19 Guidance – Multifamily Environmental Reviews
Department of Labor
Preparing workplaces, employer/employee communication
Center for Disease Control
Self-protection, community, businesses and employers
World Health Organization
“Be prepared, be safe, be smart, be safe”
State-by-state COVID Updates
Links to states below will give your state’s most recent everchanging response to COVID-19.
Community and Business Resources
- Radon Testing Hygiene Protocol In Times of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Similar Contagions (SOPs)
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- OSHA COVID-19 Information page
- Customer Relation Tips: be active and engage on social media in your community, be the expert and leader you are now more than ever
- Leverage a Support Community – join the Radon Listerv today, connect with other radon professionals, join members on NRPP Facebook and AARST Facebook groups
- Johns Hopkins University and Medicine – Resource Center