Radon Action Resources
This page has several communication tools to help equip the radon community to spread awareness and help save lives. Included, you will find ideas, templates, and instructions on making a successful NRAM in your community. AARST is here to support your efforts and cheer on your successes as you participate in National Radon Action Month. Send us your accomplishments, and we will feature your successes on our social media platforms all month long! YOU SAVE LIVES EVERY DAY – THANK YOU!
Resources for your success!
While creating radon awareness should be a year-long endeavor, January has been used to bring extra visibility to the cause. Radon professionals have acquired proclamations, TV and radio ads, distributed our multi-language resource guides to their communities, and connected with customers with our pre-made social media posts. Don’t forget that you can add your company logo and contact to the printable door hanger and postcard.
The AARST Advocacy committee has thoughtfully assembled several NRAM resources to help you spread the word about the hazards of elevated radon levels. If you have any suggestions for resources you would like to be available in the future, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclamations are a way to connect with your local officials to proclaim January is National Radon Action Month. Need instructions? Download this Instruction sheet with templates to personalize your requests. When you get a proclamation, please share it with AARST; we will spread the word of your success on our Social Media platforms. DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE
Radon Consumer Guides
NRAM Postcard for Consumers
Add your company logo and contact information to the postcard and mail to your community.
NRAM Consumer Doorhanger
Leave a doorknob hanger on your customer’s doors or use it to canvas a neighborhood. A simple but effective way to spread the word.
Staple your business card or have your printer add your logo and contact info to the gray area.
NRAM Social Media Campaign
Use the social media posts below on your preferred social media platforms, pre-made for ease of sharing!
Two ways to download:
- Right-click on the individual post and save.
- Download the zip file containing all posts.
Social Media Blitz for NRAM
More NRAM Ideas
The EPA’s NRAM page offers unique ideas for radon awareness activities. Visit their webpage at https://www.epa.gov/radon/national-radon-action-month-information. Learn about poster contests, find a list of action items, and special messaging.
Five Things You Can Do During National Radon Action Month
- Test your home – EPA and the U.S. Surgeon General recommend that all homes in the U.S. be tested for radon. Testing is easy and inexpensive.
- Learn more about testing your home, including how to obtain an easy-to-use test kit.
- Attend a National Radon Action Month event in your area – Look for radon events in your community.
- Spread the word
- Spend time during National Radon Action Month encouraging others to learn about radon and test their homes.
- Tell your family and friends about the health risk of radon. Encourage them to test their homes.
- Plan an activity in your community to help raise awareness.
- Write an op-ed or letter to the editor using samples from the event planning resources.
- Attract media attention by working with a local official to get a radon proclamation.
- View EPA’s free radon publications.
- Buy a radon-resistant home – Read more about radon-resistant new construction, “Building Radon Out: A Step-by-Step Guide to Build Radon-Resistant Homes“.
- Build Green: It’s Easy to Build New Homes Radon-Resistant …”The good news is you can build your customers a safer, healthier, radon-resistant home. The techniques to prevent radon from entering a home are practical and straightforward for any builder. It’s an inexpensive way to offer families a benefit that could reduce their risk of lung cancer. And it’s a smart way to build trust between you and your customer.” Fuad Reveiz, Member of the National Association of Home Builders
Check out their section titled “Special Radon Messages” for themed messaging to use beyond January.
- February – Protect Your Loved Ones. Test for Radon. (Valentine’s Day)
- April – Don’t Be Foolish. Test Your Home for Radon. (April Fool’s Day)
- May/August – Breathe With Ease. Fix Your Home By Reducing Radon Gas. (Clean Air Month)
- June – Living Green is Healthier. Build Radon-Resistant Homes. (Home Safety Month)
- October – Protect Your Children From Radon. Test Your Home. (Children’s Health Month)
- November – Radon is the Leading Cause of Lung Cancer Among Non-Smokers. (Lung Cancer Awareness Month)
- December – Give the Gift of Health. Protect Loved Ones by Reducing Radon in Your Home. (Holiday Season)