Information and Templates
- Abstract Template
- Symposium PowerPoint Slide Template: This template unifies the presentations throughout Symposium sessions. Presentations on Symposium slides are the ownership of the presenter but AARST retains the rights to publish all slides on the AARST website unless the presenter specifically withholds permission. Papers, once peer-reviewed, edited and accepted, become the property of AARST for publication in the AARST International Radon Symposium Proceedings.
- Fine tune your slides. Check out this helpful video
- SLIDES Templates. Templates are guides – color and design of templates may be changed, the footer must remain in place. The 2022 footer band color is dark green with white words. For more options in PowerPoint click on Design in the Dashboard Ribbon then click on Format Background. Footers may be removed from slides that are info-heavy, but must be in place on the front and end slides. Please refer to the non-commercialism policy for use of professional business logo. Tip: info heavy slides can be broken up into more slides. 2022 POWERPOINT TEMPLATE
- Non-commercialism guidelines: Non-Commercialism Policy
- Paper Rubrics: Authors invited to write a manuscript for the published proceedings must follow the instructions in the ‘rubrics’ on formatting supporting materials such as bibliography, images and graphs. A manuscript submitted by the deadline will go through the editing process. Responding in a timely fashion to all inquiries the editor makes throughout this process and meeting deadlines improves the chance for publication. Proceedings Rubrics
- Posters: Poster presenters are assigned a poster board 4 feet high by 8 feet wide, top affix their poster on to. Presenters are asked to set up their poster upon check in, it will remain on display Sunday through Tuesday. Presenters are responsible for bring the tools to place their presentations onto the board, tacks, stapler, tape. Presenters will be scheduled during one break on Monday or Tuesday to be available to discuss your presentation with attendees. No slides are displayed.
The 2023 Call for Speakers / Presentations /Abstracts / Papers / Courses is open
Submissions for Proposals and Abstracts: Submissions should clearly convey, in 150 words or less, the essence of the intended presentation and the contribution it will make to the knowledgebase of the soil gas community.
Content: Presentations should consist of, but are not limited to new original research, empirical or applied, on radon and vapor intrusion risk, radon and vapor intrusion measurement, radon and vapor intrusion mitigation, soil gas controls in new construction, analytics, risk communication, and similar topics are encouraged, including abstracts from related scientific, engineering and health-related disciplines. We also welcome presentations on effective methods of conveying essential radon and vapor intrusion messages to target audiences, reducing risk for low-income families, marketing and expanding radon and vapor intrusion professional services, enacting and implementing new public policy, demonstrate radon and vapor intrusion technology, and similar activities to further the radon and vapor intrusion professions and transfer of information.